Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 6. Kaua’i’s Kalalau Trail concluded.

Due to wanting to catch the last bus out of Hanalei, we got an early start at 6:30 this morning. Throughout the day the clouds looked threatening but rain, thankfully, never materialized. Rain would have made for some tricky conditions as the trail was already slick. Instead, it was very warm and humid all day and I was sweating profusely on all the up-hills. We got back to Kë’ë beach around 2 PM and spent some time checking out the beach before hitching a ride into Hanalei and then continuing on to Wailua, where Janel was dropped off near our hotel (Kaua’I Sands). I stayed on the bus into Lïhue where I picked up the rental car at the airport.

It was a nice backpacking trip but I wish we could have spent more time on it. We didn’t have time to explore the Kalalau Valley or visit its waterfall or Hanakäpï’ai Falls. I guess we’ll just have to go back again!

Pictures from the Kalalau Trail and the Na Pali Coast can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment